Mangers

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Breaking it Down in H&M

I'll follow the long blog post with a short and sweet one about my experience at H&M Clothing Stores today. I set out to deposit some checks at the bank and soon found myself wandering around Rue de Rivoli. There is a lot of shopping on Rue de Rivoli, and I haven't historically been very attune to fashion, but today I found myself wanting to pick up some things to spruce up the closet.

The instant I decided to go on a mission to upgrade my fashion profile, I felt a strange sense of excitement. I darted into H&M and literally was hopping around the store grabbing things off the shelf left and right. I want to think I have a decent fashion sense as is, but I normally don't pick up cardigans and expensive jackets off the shelf to try on. Pitbull and Ne-Yo's "Give Me Everything" was bumping on high volume, and as I was trying on a more than bold light blue sweater, I actually drilled my elbow on the changing room wall in a furry of sick dance moves (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpqBAOpamJs). I then paused for about a second and a half, dropped down with a one-legged squat, and raised the roof to get myself back on track and back on beat. It was a blast... I ended up buying some pretty sweet clothes, made a few people laugh by dancing in public, and thoroughly enjoyed my night of shopping by just riding the positive energy surge.

This is making it into my food blog because the same sensation I got while trying on clothes today I get when I cook. It's fun. I have this weird sensation every time I go shopping in a grocery store when I'm with my girlfriend; I start bouncing around the aisles like a complete imbecile pointing to things that we need for the night's meal as if they were spectators in a crowd at my personal grocery store concert. I think it's an important thing to realize when you have these sort of energetic, uplifting sensations. I try to ride these as often as possible... just now as I am writing this post, I'm listening to Pitbull and I'm brought right back... I'm bbbbbbouncing in my chair and typing. "Excuse me... and I might drink a little more than I should tonight... and I might take you home with me if I could tonight... Tonight... "

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you might have a strange French parasite from under cooked pork!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who are you, anonymous commentor...

    ReplyDelete